A level playing field for the European biogas and biomethane markets
Interreg IVa Groen Gas
In the Interreg IVa Groen Gas - Grünes Gas programme, 63 partners from business, research and governments collaborated on 18 projects. JIN has been coordinating one of the projects, titled 'A level playing field for the European biogas and biomethane markets'. The project focused on policy and economic aspects related to biomethane. The main aim of this project has been to explore the key institutional differences between two countries, the Netherlands and Germany, in the area of biogas and biomethane, and to see if and to what extent such differences could result in market distortions in the internal EU market.
The final report of the project is available: A level playing field for the European biogas and biomethane markets - Case of the Netherlands and Germany: policy environment, key differences and harmonisation issues.
- Interreg IVa Groen Gas - Grünes Gas ("A level playing field for the Euroepan biogas and biomethane markets”)
- The Interreg IVa Groen Gas - Grünes Gas programme has been co-financed by the European Fund for Regional Development, the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, the Dutch provinces of Groningen, Friesland, and Drenthe, and the German states of Lower Saxony and North Rhine Westphalia.
- Duration: 3 years (January 2012 - December 2014)
- JIN Climate and Sustainability, Groningen, Netherlands (JIN)
- University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany (COU)
- Jacobs University, Bremen, Germany (JUB)